Avoiding the probate process and reducing the amount of taxes that must be paid are two of the most common estate planning goals. We can evaluate your situation and explain possible options, such as creating a trust, owning property jointly, and providing for the distribution of assets with a beneficiary or transfer on death designation.
A Client-Centered Approach for Estate Planning & Probate
At Joseph Veith Law, we understand that each client has unique goals and individual needs. Our El Paso estate planning attorney takes a personalized approach to help meet the needs and best interests of each client.
Making important estate planning decisions or dealing with the complexities of the probate system can be overwhelming. Regardless of your legal needs, Joseph Veith Law can help. Our estate planning attorney in El Paso has more than a decade of legal experience and extensive knowledge of state and federal estate law to provide reliable legal advice and guidance.
Texas Estate Planning & Probate Services
We offer a full range of estate planning and probate services for our clients and their families. Whether your goal is to avoid probate with a properly funded trust or to navigate the probate process, we provide experienced legal representation to meet your needs.
We offer a broad range of services in the area of estate law, including:
- Living Wills - a living will is a legal document outlining specific healthcare choices if you were to become disabled and cannot communicate your wishes. A living will includes all your preferences pertaining to ventilators, feeding tubes, organ donation, CPR, pain meds, and more.
- Guardianship - when an individual becomes incapacitated due to mental or physical conditions and is no longer able to care for themselves, a guardianship is pursued.
- Power of attorney - the legal document that allows another to make act on your behalf or make decisions for you, this includes financial or medical decisions if you cannot make them yourself. This person is legally allowed to manage your affairs once you are no longer able.
- Affidavit of heirship
- Muniment of title
- Transfer of property deeds
Why Do You Need a Probate Attorney in El Paso?
During the probate process, the court requires that an attorney appear in court on behalf of the estate. Our El Paso probate lawyer has extensive knowledge of the statutes, rules, and procedures that must be followed in this type of administration. The length of time required to complete probate depends on the size and complexity of the estate, as well as the probate court’s schedule. We have handled cases of all sizes and levels of complexity, including representing the estate and beneficiaries in disputes.
Creating a Plan for Your Estate in TX
Many people are under the mistaken impression that estate planning is for the rich. Even if you don’t have valuable property or expensive possessions to pass on, it is still important for your loved ones to know your wishes. A lack of an estate plan may impact your family, and your property and possessions may not be passed to your intended beneficiaries.
There are many benefits of having an estate plan, such as:
- Ensuring that your property goes to your intended beneficiaries
- Keeping certain assets in the family
- Providing for the care and well-being of minor children
- Naming a personal representative for your estate
- Avoiding the expensive and time-consuming probate process
- Reducing your family’s tax burden
Why Clients Choose Us
I highly recommend Mr. Veith if you want someone to help you.Juan
Great legal advice and represented me very successfully and got my case dismissed and answered every question.Armondo R.
He went above and beyond, his honest, fair, and a excellent attorney in trial!Former Client
He did an excellent job I'm a free man now, I highly recommend him.Former Client
Results DrivenBacked By A Proven Track Record of Success
Experienced RepresentationAggressive & Experienced Litigator
Both Sides of the lawJoseph R. Veith Was a Former Felony Prosecutor